Nonprofit organizations operate under unique conditions and demands. Often on limited budgets, they are obligated to comply with special requirements to maintain their tax-exempt status.
At SL&C, our experts understand the needs of these type of organizations. We help our nonprofit clients meet their financial and business challenges, while they continue to grow. We offer financial advice and accounting services to social and human services organizations, private schools, museums, foundations, industry and trade associations, religious organizations as well as colleges and universities.
Specialized Services Include:
- Applications for exempt status with the IRS
- Audits, reviews and compilations
- Audits in accordance with OMD Circular A-133
- Bookkeeping and accounting system design
- Assistance in developing accounting procedures and practices
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Preparation of Form 990 information returns and appropriate state filings
- Planned Giving strategies
- Grant compliance
- Working with volunteer board of directors
- Consulting on Neighborhood Assistance Program credit applications
- Employee benefit plan audits and administration
- Audit of Consolidated Fiscal Reports (CFR)